Bona Law Adds New Antitrust Partner in San Diego
August 10, 2018
Bona Law is pleased to announce that antitrust lawyer Jon Cieslak is leaving Cooley LLP to join Bona Law as a partner March 13, 2019. Jon brings with him nearly a decade of antitrust litigation and white-collar criminal defense experience, which will further enhance the firm’s full-service antitrust practice.
- Represented companies and individuals in investigations and prosecutions by the United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division, including price fixing, bid rigging, and no poaching claims;
- Conducted confidential internal investigations for companies related to antitrust, financial reporting, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues;
- Counseled clients on customized antitrust compliance policies;
- Represented clients in a wide variety of civil litigation, involving antitrust, unfair competition, Lanham Act, securities, breach of contract, and other claims;
- Successfully defended clients in class action litigation, including direct purchaser and indirect purchaser claims;
- Successfully defended clients on appeal in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
“Jon Cieslak has talent and experience that will reinforce the firm’s existing antitrust and competition capabilities,” said Jarod Bona, CEO of Bona Law, “but he will also enhance our ability to defend corporate clients and their executives in investigations and actions by the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division and other law enforcement agencies.”
His addition comes at a time when the government is ramping up antitrust enforcement efforts, which often means parallel criminal and civil proceedings for antitrust defendants.
Jon earned his undergraduate degree from Princeton University and his juris doctor from the University of California – Los Angeles School of Law. After law school, he clerked for U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Miller in the Southern District of California before joining Cooley.
Jon’s practice at Bona Law will focus on antitrust and other complex litigation and criminal defense across all industries. Jon will also utilize his substantial appellate experience to assist with Bona Law’s appellate practice.
“I’m ecstatic about joining Bona Law,” Jon said. “They are committed to offering clients the best antitrust services in the country by building an outstanding team that focuses on client needs by understanding their business and their true goals with every matter.”
Jon is admitted to practice in California state and federal courts.